• Who we are
• Our website
• Our collection and use of your personal information
• Transfer of your information out of the EEA
• Cookies and similar technologies
• Your rights
• Keeping your personal information secure
• How to complain
• How to contact us
This website is operated by Clearground Limited. We are facilities Services Company, and for more information see: www.clearground.co.uk/about-us
We collect, use and are responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which applies across the European Union (including in the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
Throughout our website we may link to other websites owned and operated by certain trusted third parties to make additional products and services available to you. These other third party websites may also gather information about you in accordance with their own separate privacy policies. For privacy information relating to these other third party websites, please consult their privacy policies as appropriate.
We collect personal information about you when you access our website, register with us, contact us, send us feedback, purchase products or services via our website, post material to our website and compete customer surveys or participate in competitions via our website.
We collect this personal information from you either directly, such as when you register with us, contact us or purchase products or services via our website] or indirectly, such as your browsing activity while on our website (see ‘Cookies’ below).
We also collect personal information about you from other sources as follows:
• Credit agencies such as Credit Safe
• Government Agencies, such as Companies House
The personal information we collect about you depends on the particular activities carried out through our website. Such information includes:
• your name, address and contact details
• your dob
• bank account and payment details
• Vat and Company Registration Numbers
• Credit Rating
• details of any feedback you give us by phone, email, post or via social media
• information about the services we provide to you
• your account details, such as username, login details
We use this personal information to:
• create and manage your account with us
• verify your identity
• provide goods and services to you
• customise our website and its content to your particular preferences
• notify you of any changes to our website or to our services that may affect you
• improve our services
• debt management
This website is not intended for use by children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect or use personal information relating to children.
When we use your personal information we are required to have a legal basis for doing so. There are various different legal bases upon which we may rely, depending on what personal information we process and why.
The legal bases we may rely on include:
• consent: where you have given us clear consent for us to process your personal information for a specific purpose
• contract: where our use of your personal information is necessary for a contract we have with you, or because you have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract
• legal obligation: where our use of your personal information is necessary for us to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations)
• public task: where our use of your personal information is necessary for us to perform a task in the public interest or for our official functions, and the task or function has a clear basis in law
• legitimate interests: where our use of your personal information is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party (unless there is a good reason to protect your personal information which overrides our legitimate interests)
Further information—the personal information we collect, when and how we use it
For further details on when we collect personal information, what we collect as well as how we use it, please read the following sections:
When information is collected
When you register with us
What information we ask for
Contact details: your name, telephone number and email address
How and why we use your information
We ask for this:
— to create and manage your account with us
— to communicate with you about your account
We rely on legitimate interests as the lawful basis for collecting and using your personal information.
Our legitimate interests are to provide a service to you and manage your account.
We will keep this information until:
— you close your account with us
— we close your account
We routinely share your name and delivery address details with our third party suppliers. For a list of our third party suppliers’) see our Approved Suppliers list available on request.
This data sharing enables them to provide services on our behalf.
We will share personal information with law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law.
We will not share your personal information with any other third party.
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.”
We would like to send you information about our other products and services, competitions and special offers which may be of interest to you. Where we have your consent or it is in our legitimate interests to do so, we may do this by post, email, telephone, text message (SMS) or automated call.
We will only ask whether you would like us to send you marketing messages when you tick the relevant boxes when you complete our online contact form for the first time. Click here to see what this form looks like.
If you have previously agreed to being contacted in this way, you can unsubscribe at any time by:
—contacting us at: email@example.com
—using the ‘unsubscribe’ link in emails or ‘STOP’ number in texts
It may take up to 30 days for this to take place:
For more information on your rights in relation to marketing, see ‘Your rights’ below.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
• fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
• access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
• require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
• require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
• receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
• object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
• object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
• object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
• otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
• email, call or write to us
• let us have enough information to identify you; eg account name, user name,
• let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of a recent invoice or emailed communication.
• let us know the information to which your request relates, including any account or reference numbers, if you have them
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at www.ico.org.uk/concerns or telephone: [0303 123 1113].
Please contact us if you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information we hold about you.
If you wish to contact us please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0151 65 8010.